Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, it is a rubber skin job. I wondered why his servos were so loud.

As for the attack on the bunker; youtube to the rescue! CLIP
One would assume right after this he either crawled or was dragged out. The series could actually put a new slant on this scene by having him out looking for Derek before coming back from patrol.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something occured to me this morning. The slogan TechCom had painted on the wall of the bunker, "Hang in There", is the same slogan that was printed on the kitty poster hanging over the safe in the resistance cell's apartment. Right?

Kind of explains why a group of tough-guys would have a kitty poster up. Little pieces of home are nice.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Kyle's deleted scene from T1 when he encounters "nature"? It's almost like a religious experiance. Mind you, the context has changed since then. In the original timeline Reese was born after JD, so a whole generation of them had never seen green, or animals other than dogs and rats.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I don't think I've ever seen that scene...

But you're right, maybe guys who live like this long for a little cuddly cuteness in their life. But having their slogan on the poster makes sense. In some weird, twisted time travel way, maybe it's even the source of the slogan in the future.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'd give you a link to it, but youtube is down at the moment.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Scratch that, it's back up. Here's the scene.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had hoped Kyle's and Derek's barcode tattoos would've been a little more ceremoniously applied, like having the human prisoners of the hideout-raid stand in a line in a crematorium camp and pass through a doorway with a mechanical arm that swivels, grips their arm and burns it in. The whole place, floors and walls looking like stainless steel or brushed aluminium.
They are pretty free to show blood in this series I think, but I guess the show isn't cleared for showing piles of CGI human bodies being shoved into incinerators, are they? I think there's some arbitrary line for shows like this.

And we are kept in the dark about what happens in the room with classical music that Derek was marched into by Michael Myers. Felt a bit like LOST, there. In a good way.

I liked that Derek and co where armed with the phased plasma rifles seen in T-2, modified with rangefinders and nightscope. Derek's aim was a bit off though, seems he used the sniper-setting instead of the auto. Kind of stupid with two mobile airborne bogeys coming at them.

It was real creepy with the Stallone-looking T-800 coming up from nowhere and gripping one of the guys' throat. Looked as if he'd been lying in the rubble on standby, waiting for the next sod to pass by.
I wonder if the actor got picked for his Stallone-resemblence, seeing as Stallone was jokingly depicted as Terminator in the "Last Action Hero" universe.

This is pretty nice, how many official "terminator"-actors do we have now?
I count Arnold, Franco Columbu, Robert Patrick, Kristanna, Cameron, Cromartie, Chain-Gang, Nuke-bunker guy, Halloween-guy and Rambo. Any more? Cromartie and Nuke-bunker weren't the same actor, where they?

PS. Did anyone see what Cameron shot the malfunctioning Rambonator with, after throwing him through the wall? Some sort of phosphorous shotgun grenade?

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Something occured to me this morning. The slogan TechCom had painted on the wall of the bunker, "Hang in There", is the same slogan that was printed on the kitty poster hanging over the safe in the resistance cell's apartment. Right?

Kind of explains why a group of tough-guys would have a kitty poster up. Little pieces of home are nice.

I saw that picture and thought "not even the end of the world can kill off the LOLcat phenomena!" [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I'd give you a link to it, but youtube is down at the moment.

Just saw on the news that youtube was down because of Pakistani censorship measures which got out of hand: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/youtube_and_pakistan_how_did_i.html

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Scratch that, it's back up. Here's the scene.

Reading the comments there, they're saying that Christian Bale is gonna be John Connor. Had a look on imdb and it's got him listed there. Can't say that I can see him in the role of "leader and saviour of humanity," as all the other roles I've seen him in (American Psycho, The Machinist, Batman Begins) he's pretty much a loner. Although I suppose that younger John Connor fits that bill, with him always on the run, never in one place for too long, "off the grid."
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

You didn't see Reign of Fire then?
I think T4 is going to focus on some other character with Conner being in a supporting role.

--------------------

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting twist with Silberman, they took him a completely different way then the third film did.
I like how Cameron just walked away and let the brother and sister die, it was a very Terminator thing to do.

They've really been pulling as much lore from the films as they can, I can't imagine them dragging that out beyond the second season though. Before you know it, Sarah will be visiting the family of the maintenance working with the Pepsi can that the T-1000 shot.

Was that ballet music at the end the same music that what's his name heard in the mansion in the future in the last episode? I didn't tape it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, Silberman really turned into a freakshow. Then, apparently, he went and joined FLAG and built the Knight Three Thousand.

I had the same thought about drawing from the movies. Silberman's recounting of the sene from T2. Cameron dressed up as a cop (hot, btw) and strolling into a police station.

Cameron really is creepy. The fact that she could play on the ballet teacher's friendship and get close to her only to walk away as they're gunned down by Russian mobsters because it wasn't her mission to protect them, then go pratice the ballet that the woman had taught her.... cold man.

The similarities to the room she was doing ballet in and the room in the house that Derrick was chained up in are creepy as well. Ads to the impression that something big happened in that room that we're not aware of yet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok so last episode was the "lets reference as much from T1 as possible", this time it's T2's turn. Starting right off the bat with Cameron in her Robert Patrick outfit (looking a bit like a stripper in costume than an actual cop, mind) to a shot by shot description of Sarah's escape from Pescadero, complete with an accurate description of both Arnold and Robert. As an aside, I wonder if Mr Gov'ennegger will give them permission to use his image as the T-800 at some point (like for instance the '84 CCTV from the West Highland Police Station) or will they have to recast as they did with Silberman, Kyle, John & Sarah?

While we're on the subject of cameo's, let's see what other characters can be brought back - Lance Henriksen would be top of my list (he could have survived...barely.) From what Silberman said the other staff saw the T-1000 & the T-800 too (though I was under the impression he was the only one still conscious at that point) so one of them could show up. There might be a place for Robert Patrick too as, presumably, Skynet used real people as templates for the Terminators (I recall some deleted material from T3 where a human Arnie was seen wearing a military uniform.)

It's nice that they've written in the ballet stuff to take advantage of Summer's background. For those who don't know she was a classically trained Ballerina before she was an actress. It's the reason Joss Whedon first hired her for Angel.

--------------------

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else notice they started shuffling dates of events? Sarah gave up John in June of 1997, a mere 2 months before Judgement Day.

I wonder if they will draw upon other models and material from T2 and T3. I can see them hooking John up with Brooster or whatever her name was in T3 and having a cliff hanger with some enhanced version of the T1000 coming in to kick his ass.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah the dates bother me a bit because two months is nowhere near enough time time for Dyson to finish developing the new molecular memory micro-processor, have Cyberdyne get the government contract to automate all the stealth bombers, (not to mention the time to takes to acquire a "perfect operational record"), then Washington needs to pass the skynet funding bill, BUILD the thing, give it time to learn and become self aware. Just with the bombers and the funding bill you're talking a couple years each!
I can only assume they've change the date of Judgement Day...again.

Not a huge problem, SG1 runs on the same type of altered continuity, compared to it's cinematic incarnation.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd since the writers seemed to watch the Terminator movies over and over to get the dates wrong.

John Connor was born 2/28/85. T2 was suppose to take place in 1994. Skynet went online 8/4/97, became self-aware and started judgment day 8/29/97.

So either way, Sarah escaped the mental hospital in 94, not sure why she was there in 97.

The series starts in 99, when John is 14. Suppose to be 10 in T2, although in T3 says he was 13 during the events of T2.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps