Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 10)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Puts Shark Week into a whole new light...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the cute MACO who gets the knife is Forbes... hmm...

So does anyone have a screencap of the Yosemite Station?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:

So does anyone have a screencap of the Yosemite Station?

SEE: "MIDAS ARRAY"

Or:

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/p4751515.html

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/p4751517.html

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/p4751518.html

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/p4751519.html

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually looking closely, Yosemite 3 is a modified CGI of the Midas Array. But they still used the Midas CGI to start from.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gasp!

Those bastards! Now we're never gonna contact Voyager! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those Vulcan's, they're sentimental fools, I tell ya.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They need to get some people who's job consists of making new models for Star Trek so they don't have to keep recycling
Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I had a bit of an idea. You remember that planet from TOS, that was basically a copy of Earth, where the Yangs and Coms (read Yanks and Communists) were still fighting, and some bacteriological war had wiped everyone out and given the survivors really long lives? Maybe the Enterprise was thrown into orbit around that little clone of a planet. ...Probably not, but just a thought. I'd love to see ANY explanation for that stupid episode. Pissed me off to no end.
Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that could be logical, given 3 assumptions. One, the Aquatic vessel doesn't know how to plot a course, and Enterprise doesn't know one sector or pretty blue planet from another. This may actually be logical given Mayweather's ability to identify things. Two, the mirror planet would have a Starfleet headquarters close enough to the "real thing" to fool Starfleet officers. This is of course, assuming that they detected a Starfleet Headquarters and wern't just going by what they assumed should be there. It would be like taking a trip, and as you get closer to home, making the turn into your driveway just assuming it would be where you left it. Nobody thinks that it won't be there. Thirdly, well I can't think of a thirdly, my firstly was my thirdly.

--------------------
Wit is educated insolence

Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, with the Spheres and Expanse collapsing, and with these weird subspace vortices they're travelling in, all manner of things could have happened. Perhaps an alternate Earth from an alternate reality was pulled into our reality, so the solar system and pretty blue planet do look the same. And perhaps the aquatics were screwed up by the whole collapsing-of-the-spheres-thing, or perhaps the alternate Earth wasn't pulled into our universe until after the aquatics left. I don't really believe what I'm saying, but I don't really believe what Berman and Braga say either, usually [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
As to the Bay Area in that screenshot, here're the nits to pick:

1. The hills to the lower left aren't underdeveloped. That's all the Marin headlands. It was undeveloped then, and likely to remain so, as it's a big park area.

2. Since the hills are all green, and that usually only happens early in the year, it's probably sometime between January and March.

3. Enterprise Starfleet HQ as seen in the other screen shot is located at Fort Baker, the cove just showing down-left of the shuttlepod's left wing.

4. The Presido at the right of the bridge appears to be well forested, maybe too much so for the 1940s, but I can't say for sure.

5. The water texture makes the whole think look like it's a 1/100th scale model. Fake-o-rama.

6. San Francisco used to have a lot more piers than it does now. If this were OUR 1940s you'd see lots of piers and ships along the edge of the city at the top right.

These FX guys need me as a SFHQ consultant. [Wink]

Another Note on the Bay Area Screencap

If it is 2154, we know that the Oakland Bay Bridge bridge is still around (perhaps there are homeless people living in it ala Gibson).

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

I distinctly remember Trip telling Mayweather to "land on that pad behind the command center" so they were obviously seeing something that looked quite enough like Starfleet HQ that they thout it was Starfleet HQ. So are they really in 1940 or not.

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, wasn't it "Miri" that had the Earth clone?
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Miri and Bread and Circuses were caused by the collapse of of the Expanse?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Miri and Bread and Circuses were caused by writers on an insane dose of LSD.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps